Destination Ascendigo: Ascendigo’s mission is to elevate the spectrum by empowering people, inspiring lives and shattering expectations. We apply this mission to both the people we serve, such as our participants and clients, and the people with whom we serve, such as our co-workers and other stakeholders.
Ascendigo is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of children and adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through therapeutic recreation, employment, community integration, education and an array of behavioral health services. We are headquartered in Carbondale, CO. Currently, Ascendigo employs more than 50 full- and part-time year-round staff members and approximately 30 additional employees during our seasonal summer camp programming.
The Ascendigo Promise to our employees is to provide meaning and purpose in the work we do and a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.. We support high performance through thoughtful on-boarding and training, and acting with integrity. We offer 360° compensation with a path to financial security, personal well-being and fulfillment, and housing assistance.
The Summer Operations Intern will assist the Adventures Administrative Team with all summer program operations. Intern operations include compiling camper profiles, uploading and organizing camper data, ensuring all camp materials stay fully stocked, assisting with camp drop-off and pick-up, assisting with set-up and tear down at sports sites, and being available to help the adventures summer staff when needed.
- Assist Summer Adventures team where needed
- Maintain proficient organizational skills
- Work in an outdoor environment that requires situational awareness and quick thinking.
- Stay in consistent communication with Adventures administrative team
- Work with individuals that have challenging behaviors which may include physical aggression toward others
- Answer phones, communicate with parents, file paperwork, make copies, and pick up necessary camp supplies.
- Plan and facilitate activities
- Shop for staff and camper food during certain weekends
- Keep inventory of cleaning and operational supplies, resupply when necessary
- May be asked to worked directly with campers or join on activities
- Must have a clean background check with no felonies or flags
- Must provide a current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Applicants are required to have and use their own phone for work duties.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, social media)
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (up to 25 pounds)
Personal Characteristics: should be committed and passionate about the Ascendigo mission of a holistic, active, community-based, independent, and person-centered life. He/she should believe in the dignity and potential of our clients. We also have a commitment to a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. which stands for:
- R-Recognize the inherent worth of your coworkers.
- E- Eliminate derogatory words and phrases.
- S- Speak with people- not at them- or about them.
- P-Protect the culture of your organization- report and support!
- E- Empathize- consider what it is like in others’ situations.
- C-Consider your impact on others before speaking and apologize when you make a mistake.
- T- Treat everyone with integrity, dignity, and respect.
With Room and Board: $375 per week Without Room and Board: $18.00 per hour